The Wonderful Paradox - I have more fund and enjoy more financial success when
I help other people get what they want
GOOD SERVICES BUREAU – DATA PROTECTION POLICY
There are new changes in global privacy law (GDPR) that required us to review our standards and because we have always respected your privacy and advocate accountability and transparency, we share with you below how we use information we hold about you.
1. This Data Protection Policy is designed to protect your personal data held by the GOOD SERVICES BUREAU (hereinafter referred to as GSB) in respect of its projects (Residents’ Associations in the UK (RAUK), Universal Community Action Network (UCAN) and GSB members.
2. The Good Services Bureau, a company limited by guarantee, is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office, no. ZA167006.
3. The Data Protection Officer is SUSAN HAYWARD, DIRECTOR of the GSB, to whom all queries and requests must be addressed. This officer is responsible for the maintenance and security of the data, and to ensure that such information is kept up-to-date. All GSB staff members are asked to sign a Confidentiality Agreement to ensure that all personal information is not shared with anyone else outside GSB without prior permission.
4. Members of the Good Services Bureau
Prospective members (individual, business, residents’ association, voluntary group or business) are required to complete a membership application form. Personal data will comprise of the name of the main contact, a website (if any), at least one email address, one mailing address and one telephone number. We use this information to communicate with you and it’s only shared via our websites or newsletters with your permission. This information is filed under your membership category, area and date you joined us
5. Enquiries via the Help Desk
The data acquired with enquiries through the GSB/RAUK Help Desk is kept in strict confidence. We keep our records in date order from when you first contact us and cross reference them under the areas of the UK. When any enquiries and answers are included in GSB newsletters, no personal details will be included.
6. Data re. Residents’ Associations
We obtain information about residents’ associations in the UK via search engines and record them under areas, (ie. London Boroughs and Outside London) and the date each RA was formed. We are using this information to compile a History & Directory of RAs in the UK. We will not keep any contact information as to individual officers of each RA as these will change and will be more up to date on each RA’s own website. When we hear of any RA without a website, we contact them direct to ask if they can be included on our list of RAs.
7. Articles & Links about members and non-members
Prior permission to publish any articles or information about members and non-members will always be sought before publishing anything on our websites or in our newsletters. This will also apply to links published on our websites or in our newsletters. If any articles are written by third-parties, then the source will be published and credit given to them according to Copyright Law.
8. Removal from the GSB Database
If you wish to be removed from our newsletter mailing list or to resign as a member of the GSB, then please advise us in writing via the Help Desk and we will remove your details within 48 hours.